Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gabby Girl Designs and Accessories


Greek organization pens



Greetings,

I ran across this fantastic designer on one of my friend's facebook pages and asked her to share her story with me.  I was going to re-type it but decided just to paste the email that she sent me regarding her start.  I feel as though reading it from her will give you a better perspective on her passion for her craft.  The name for the company is her daughter's name, Gabby.

Gabby Girl creator's words:
I am a mother of 2 girls, an  8 yr old and a 2 yr old. I am from Shreveport, LA.  I Love all things girly ...pink, zebra, bows, glitter, you name it!  In the past, I have always purchased my daughter's hairbows from custom places like boutiques or little girls specialty stores...money was never an issue for me in buying their bows...the issue for me was having to drive to the store, place my order & then come back later or another day to pick it up! I am the type of person that likes to go to the store, get what I need to get... AND GO!    ...the only time I ever really "order" anything is when I order online---and at least then I don't have to leave my house to place my order!  One day I decided to pick up some ribbon while I was at Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores--I LOVE to decorate!) to just experiment making some bows.  When I saw my final product, I thought to myself---"hey, I'm pretty good at this!"  I received lots of positive feedback from the pictures I shared of my bows, so I just continued to make them and tried to add more creativity to them as I went.  While I was making bows, I began to come up with other creative ideas...and began to put my thoughts into action   ---On my job, I have to wear an ID badge, so this is want led to the idea of decorating retractable ID badges...I decorated a few at first and got some positive feedback on those as well, so as with the bows, I continued to make more of them.  Many creative ideas just began to flourish when I sat down to make my bows and ID badges...this is what also led me to begin decorating flip flops, pens, t-shirts....etc.  Somehow, I feel as though I always try to challenge myself, because there are soooo many other creative people here in Northern Louisiana that make similar items...but the question is---what sets me apart from the rest????  I try to add a personal touch to all of my creations...


Now here are some pics of her items.  She can be reached at GabbyGirlDesign@aol.com for any questions or to order items.

Stay creative,

Charmel




ID badges

hairbow holder

personalized flip flops

 
adorable hair bows


<>
neon green and black hair bow





No comments:

Post a Comment