Monday, June 20, 2011

Memory Lane Inn


Footstool for baby Steven Thompson


Good evening all,


I hope everyone had a productive weekend.  I had a GREAT weekend because I was creative.  I went to Memory Lane Inn in Tyler TX, for a scrapbook retreat. I had a BLAST and made some really cool things!!!!  I learned about a lot of crafting techniques that I had never thought of.  I met a lot of crafty women that motivated me to broaden my creative horizons!!!!!  They made the most amazing pieces out of the most simple material.  One of my favorites was a wreath made from an old book and also a lamp shade made out of burlap!!!!  My friend Robin kept telling me that I was going to be inspired and boy was I.  I ONLY took my yarn and crochet hook, but left with 3 completed projects that didn't use yarn.  Let's just say Hobby Lobby and Michael's were glad that I was in town.  My newest obsession is the chipboard book.  The chipboard book is a cardboard like material that is like a blank canvas that is decorated with scrapbook paper and embellishments to suit the needs and theme of the book. Take a look at the book, they can be purchased at most craft stores in a variety of different themes and are a very fun project.  I also made a few other items but will post those after they are delivered to the appropriate parties.  I was able to finish a blanket and a scarf that I had been working on. 

The footstool that I made a few weeks ago, was delivered this past weekend, so now I can post a picture of that as well.

I encourage everyone to get creative if you would like to.  If you don't feel like you are creative, I am pretty sure that you can find something crafty that you enjoy doing.  I can't draw a straight line and I LOVE being creative!!!

Stay creative,

Charmel



chipboard book!!! My newest addiction!!

No comments:

Post a Comment